Email: sdw [at] larts.co.uk
Second Life: Simon Hagoromo
I've worked as a professional software developer and team leader for over 15 years on many important projects.
I run my own company Lateral Arts Limited which offers technical programming services as well as products.
I'm also interested in art, and there is an on-line art gallery at my company's website.
I work in a very flexible way and welcome contact from clients and collaborators. Please feel free to contact me through this form.
You can find a portfolio of projects I've worked on recently, here.
You can see a full cv here.
I've worked on a number of interesting projects, including:
To see a full client list, please visit the Lateral Arts clients page.
- Photobox - digital photo uploaders
- TuneTribe - digital music download site
- The Dating Game Network - online dating site
- DTi Government Research Database - database-driven site allowing searching for research programs by criteria
- Careers Wales - on-line webpage designer for young job seekers
- Interact - an innovative system for producing custom CD's at trade exhibitions
- Serviced Office Search - ongoing support and maintenance of a popular serviced-office-search website
- Wigmore Hall - an intranet for managing the bookings of international classical musicians
- Sunday Times Newspapers - a secure Digital Asset Management System for "The Month" supplement of the Sunday Times Newspaper
- AMCC - radio, GPS and EPROM applications
- PushTV - an unattended video download service, with a skinnable media player
- Genie/Tangozebra - a desktop toy for their Instant Messaging service
- Jazz FM - a desktop animation including a media player attached to the radio station
- Sibelius - the world's best selling music processor for Windows and Mac
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - data driven extranet
- Simkin - widely used scripting language for games and simulators
- Animals of Farthing Wood - a popular adventure game published by BBC Multimedia
- Redfig - a convergent media platform used for voting on "Top of The Pops"
I have a particular interest in Language Technology. I have written several languages and development environments (IDE's) including the popular language Simkin.